The McArthur Fine Furniture difference
We will contact you up to two weeks in advance to confirm a convenient delivery date. You will also receive a call the day prior to delivery to give you a 2-hour delivery time frame.
Our driver can also call you up to 1-hour prior to his expected arrival time, if you request this when the delivery date is set up.
To insure your satisfaction with delivery: Please provide any special phone numbers to be called prior to delivery and please verify the delivery address and postal code on your paperwork to make sure it is correct, including Apt. #, cross-streets, and special instructions for access to your community. Our delivery rates are based on destination and distance.
As merchandise arrives at McArthur Fine Furniture, we will notify you to coordinate delivery. After thirty days of notification you agree to either accept payment for delivery or exercise the option of our storage plan. McArthur Fine Furniture will store your order at our distribution center with a payment structure of 3 per cent of the retail value billed at the 1st of every month. If you are not willing to accept either option we will also deliver your order to a storage facility of your choosing.
When accepting a delivery date please provide us with any special delivery instructions. If you cannot be present for delivery, please have your authorized representative available to inspect and sign for delivery. You agree to pay a re-delivery fee if you do not accept a scheduled delivery. If your chosen destination is not accessible to the carrier's truck, your merchandise will be transported to an accessible, nearby location beyond which you will be responsible for transportation. It is important you note the size of merchandise you have purchased, making sure it easily fits through passages and in the room you designate. If placement in the designated room involves limited maneuverability because of narrow access, doorways or other space restrictions, McArthur Fine Furniture will not be liable for damages that might result from attempting placement.
In advance of delivery, please clear a path to facilitate easy access.
Delivery personnel will not hang items. If more than two delivery people are needed due to weight or size, you agree to provide additional personnel. Cartons or crates will not be removed. McArthur Fine Furniture may require full payment, five days before releasing merchandise for delivery by a third party common carrier. The customer is responsible for payment of any gate, barge and ferry fees if needed to make deliveries.
Our 3-step, 24-point inspection and delivery process ensures your furniture arrives looking like new.
- Warehouse personnel unpack the furniture and reconcile it against the shipping invoice to ensure that the correct piece was shipped.
- Each piece is then inspected under special lighting designed to show every possible defect or blemish. The competition doesn't always do this, and therefore can't determine if the item was damaged during shipping.
- Casegood pieces are then inspected for proper functioning by opening and closing all doors and drawers.
- Each piece is checked to ensure all hardware (knobs, handles, hinges, etc...) is present and properly installed, and that shelves and shelf clips are present and undamaged.
- Tables and chairs are inspected to ensure they are level.
- Upholstered Goods: Upholstered goods are unwrapped and checked for the following:
- Do dye lots match between pieces?
Are all pillows present and accounted for?
Are the arm caps present(if available)?
Are the piece's legs installed and undamaged?
Is the dust cover undamaged?
Are there shipping "rubs" (this is especially important for leather furniture)?
All wood pieces are polished and cleaned for the next step, inspection by The Inspection Technicians.
The Inspection Technicians are responsible for the same kinds of inspections our customers do when they get their new furniture-they look for obvious problems. Inspection Technician's inspection is a McArthur Fine Furniture exclusive process that acts as a double check on warehouse inspection. They then go a step further and look for potential problems that most people wouldn't even think to look for.
Here's what they do:
- Check drawers and doors for smooth operation by opening and closing them several times noting any dragging or rubbing.
- Check drawers for a close fit with the frame, noting any excess gapping or inconsistencies.
- Ensure that leaves fit properly in tables, checking to see if gapping on aprons are consistent (wood will expand) and ensure that tabletops show no gapping when the leaves are in place.
- Check glass tops for chips or scratches.
- Check for runs in finishes-including legs, side panels, and skirts/aprons.
- Check for scratches.
- Check to ensure that the stain and finish is even.
- Check to ensure that stain and finish is not missing on edges.
- Check to ensure that leather furniture doesn't have scratches, mars, cuts, or scrapes that are not natural markings.
- Check mirrors to ensure there are no scratches and that corners are not chipped.
- Check to make sure there is no warping on tabletops. The McArthur Fine Furniture "Red Carpet Delivery Protection Program" Once furniture has passed inspection by the Inspection Technicians, it is ready to be delivered. Special precautions are taken to protect the furniture that other companies don't always provide. It may take more time and cost more money for McArthur's to provide them for our customers, but they really do make the difference between your furniture arriving at your home damaged-or looking brand new.
Here's how we protect your furniture:
- We wrap the entire piece to protect against dust or humidity.
- We individually load each piece-furniture.
- We blanket wrap each piece for additional protection and tie them in place in the delivery truck so nothing is loose. We don't want your furniture crashing against other pieces in the truck.
- It's our care and our people that make the difference.
Please thoroughly inspect each item upon delivery. In case any item appears damaged or defective, notify the delivery personnel who will correct the problem immediately if possible. If the problem cannot be fixed immediately, note it on your delivery receipt. Upon McArthur Fine Furniture's approval, the items will be returned to our Quality Department for evaluation.
At our discretion the items may be touched up, repaired, or replaced and re-delivered to you. You will not be charged for this re-delivery unless the merchandise met manufacturer quality standards. Please return only the individual item that is unacceptable. To give your returned item the care and attention it requires, please allow McArthur Fine Furniture reasonable time to evaluate and resolve the problem.
If you choose to pick up your merchandise, please give McArthur Fine Furniture notice of two business days to stage and inspect your order. We like to set appointments. Our distribution center is open Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 4:30pm and Saturdays 9:00am - Noon.
The distribution center is closed Saturday's on long weekends Please carefully inspect merchandise. Upon taking possession of merchandise, you waive claims for damage or defects.